Another year has come and gone. As we say goodbye to 2018, reflect on all that you’ve accomplished this year as well all that is left to accomplish in the new year. We are here to ensure that alongside your aspirations of living a healthier lifestyle or finding a new hobby, that energy efficiency makes it onto your list of resolutions this year.
Making the commitment to save energy in your home, office, or town is making a commitment to not only your wallet, but our planet. Your home or office is only as efficient as you allow it, which is why we’ve put together a list of reasons why this will be your most important, most satisfying, and most successful New Year’s resolution yet.
1. It’s simple: As opposed to making it to the gym four times a week or prepping your meals on Sunday evening, energy efficiency is easy. The biggest challenge is making an initial commitment. 360 Energy Group will provide you with the tools and resources you need to make your journey into energy efficiency the most successful. We will assess your building’s needs, schedule a retro-commissioning study, match you with incentives for your capital upgrades, schedule your energy audits and much more. We don’t expect you to be an expert in energy efficiency, because that’s our job.
2. It’s cost effective: If you’re making an upgrade that will ultimately reduce your energy consumption, chances are there is incentive money available for you. These incentives will cut back on the upfront cost of the upgrade as well as the overall payback period. Not only will 360 Energy Group find the right program to match your work, but we will fill out all the associated paperwork for free so that you can start saving.
3. The planet will thank you: Reducing energy consumption on a large or small-scale basis will help to reduce carbon pollution and increase air quality. The average U.S. residential customer used 10,399 kilowatt hours per month in 2017, according to the U.S. Energy Information Administration. That’s equal to running your dishwasher over 5,000 times or watching T.V. for 145 days! With the energy efficiency advances that Illinois has made in recent years, topping the charts as the nation’s greenest city, Illinois has seen a 17% decrease in energy consumption from the national average. Nonetheless, there is still a lot of work to be done.
4. You will lower your energy bill: One of the most common upgrades we see is lighting. LED bulbs use 75% less energy than traditional bulbs according to the Department of Energy and last 25 times longer to reduce maintenance costs. Any lighting upgrades, HVAC retrofits, or retro-commissioning studies will result in a lower energy bill and an optimized building system.
5. You’ll learn more about your building: A retro-commissioning study, which will look for operational and scheduling improvements to improve your energy use, will take a highly detailed look at your building and its systems. You may find a system that seemed to be working correctly, was costing you money on your utility bill.
Energy efficiency benefits us all and there is no better time to get started than the beginning of the new year. Start off 2019 right with an energy efficiency upgrade or retro-commissioning study to ensure that this year is your most sustainable and eco-friendly year yet. Get started by giving us a call at 312-265-3971 or emailing us at email@example.com