Get our newsletter sent straight to your inbox. Subscribe here.
Happy November! As the weather shifts, it's important to check and maintain your equipment for optimal usage all winter long. To learn more about energy saving opportunities, visit our website.
The Benefits of an EV Ready Community
Municipalities play a unique role in the advancement of the electric vehicle industry. By providing the necessary infrastructure and setting clear and concise goals, municipalities can market themselves as EV ready communities. Here are some tactics to get started.
1. Support Electric Vehicle Infrastructure and Deployment: Create a comprehensive transportation electrification plan for your city or village. The plan should include specific ideas and goals intended to create EV infrastructure that makes charging easily accessible and user friendly. This will encourage your community and staff to make the shift towards electric.
2. Build Electric Vehicle Infrastructure Through Code Requirements: Code requirements are immensely helpful in maintaining building efficiency. By creating code requirements for EVs such as parking lot projects or parking garage construction, you can adjust the code language to determine how many EV chargers should be installed per square footage.
3. Adopt a Municipal Electric Vehicle Procurement Plan: A large aspect of EV ready communities is the roll out of new electric vehicles. Set up a city-wide procurement plan to replace your current fleet. In doing so, your municipality serves as a role model for the rest of the community.
4. Use Clear Electric Vehicle Signage: Let drivers know about the community-wide EV initiative by placing signs near local community centers or nearby charging stations.
5. Train Municipal Staff on Electric Vehicle Technology: Another component to EV ready communities is learning and understanding the technology associated with electric vehicles. Create a mandatory training for your staff to ease installation and increase safety
We’re going live! Join us for our very first rendition of the 360 GrEEn Screen where we will explore how to achieve significant energy savings with little investment. Our energy experts Ryan Curry and Simon Nowak will teach you how to get started with retro-commissioning (RCx). Join us on Thursday, November 21st from 12pm – 12:30pm on Facebook Live.
Retro-commissioning often requires less capital investment to receive significant savings by optimizing existing equipment and controls to increase building efficiency. In terms of investment, RCx is among the top performers. 360 Energy Group is an expert retro-commissioning service provider and has identified over $15 million in energy cost savings. Register below to get all your questions answered. Register here.
Lightning Talks Recap
Earlier this month the Smart Energy Design Assistance Center (SEDAC), a public-private partnership between the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign and 360 Energy Group, presented a round of lightning talks, 3-minute presentations about the issues, technologies, and advancements in the energy industry that we are addressing. The presentations ranged from transportation electrification and energy efficient landscapes to workforce development and educational training.
With such a vast range of topics, our team has proven to take a creative and innovative approach to energy efficiency and sustainability. Have an idea on how we can connect to lower the energy footprint in the state of Illinois? Let us know
The Social Media Corner
Why the Electric Vehicle Industry Needs Managed Charging
The electric vehicle industry is booming, but how will we keep EV charging from overpowering the electricity grid? Read more here.
How Can Energy Efficiency Increase Building Safety?
Energy efficiency is not only beneficial for your bottom line, but it has an impact on the health and safety of you and your employees. Read more here.